Diocese of Dromore, Saval Parish
"This church was erected by Most Rev. Dr. Blake in 1834 and was dedicated by him on 5th. April 1835. The preacher was Rev. Michael Kieran C.C., Drogheda, who subsequently became Archbishop of Armagh. Tickets of admission were one shilling and, as the building was somewhat in debt, there was a collection after the sermon.
In 1865, the gallery was constructed, Reverend Thomas McGrath had the bell erected in 1923 and, in 1929, he had the marble rails and side altars installed. Reverend Michael McClorey had the church redecorated in 1934. The sanctuary was remodelled in preparation for the Ordination of Fr. Jim Poland in 1973. This was the only Ordination to take place in the church.
Canon Pat McAnuff had a new stained glass window installed in 1996, in memory of his brother, Canon John McAnuff, P.P. who died in 1995.
In 2000, Fr. Boyle had the roof restored, the gallery strengthened and re-seated. The Baptismal Font was relocated to the front of the church, the church bell was electrified and a new door and porch added. The Ceremony of Rededication took place on Sunday 28th. January 2001 and was performed by Most Rev. Dr. John McAreavey, Bishop of Dromore."