St James' Church of Ireland church
St James' Church of Ireland church is located in a quiet churchyard at the top of Church Lane beside the ruins of the medieval church. St James' was built as a Church of Ireland church in the early nineteenth century just north-west to the older church ruins. The Protestant graveyard developed to the west and north of the new church. A small school was also built opposite it by the Uniacke family of Woodhouse, to educate the children of their estate workers. The church was completed in 1802 and a belfry added in 1806. Though this was complete with a spire, the spire was removed when the chancel was added in 1876. It was dedicated to St James in 1970.
Source: C. Flaherty, 'Stradbally' inThe Towns and Villages of the Waterford Greenway (2018), pp. 80-111.