This small stone building was built opposite the Church of Ireland church in 1819 by the Uniacke family of Woodhouse to educate the children of their estate workers. The curate ran the school and taught English, Greek and Latin, costing £30 a year for boarders, and four guineas for day boys. The school has been shut on several occasions in the past due to low numbers, but is currently operational as St James’ National School.
Some communities associated with this building
Some timeline events associated with this building