The Roman Catholic Parish of St Kevin's ~ Harrington Street was founded in 1865 (from the parish of Francis Street).
- It covers an area bounded to the north by Long Lane, Camden Row and Montague Street, to the south by the Grand Canal, to the west by Dufferin Avenue, and to the east by Harcourt Street.
Saint Kevin’s RC Chruch, one of Dublin’s finest gothic-revival buildings, was built between 1869 and 1872 (designed by E. W. Pugin and G. Ashlin).
- Cardinal Newman’s University Church, Saint Stephen’s Green, served as a chapel of ease to the parish from 1880 until 1974.
St Kevin's RC parish Dublin has records of Baptisms, Confirmations, and Weddings from 1865 up to the present day.
- Records held in the parish are not available for consultation, but we are happy to look up the registers for you as time permits and to issue certificates.
- Records from 1865 to 1912 can be viewed at the National Library, Kildare St. and also online by clicking here.
|St Kevin's RC Parish||Ireland||VIEW SOURCE|