The RC church of St Nicholas of Myra was designed by John Leeson (who designed Rusborough House).
Building began in 1829 and this church was opened in 1834 and officially dedicated St Nicholas of Myra in 1835. (It was built as the Metropolitan Church for Irish Catholic Archbishops, replacing the church in Limerick Lane.)
Brass plates containing parishioners names over the lifetime of the building adorn each seat.
The church can be visited on any weekday between 10.30 am and 12 noon.
For access to online records email firstname.lastname@example.org
|History of Francis Street RC Parish||Ireland||VIEW SOURCE|