Rockingham Steward's house is no longer extant. It was probably built c. 1810-1839 as it appears on the first Ordnance map of that period, just east of the stable yard (still extant).
In 1854, the steward at Rockingham Demesne was Mr Walker. However, no records appear for him on Griffith's Valuation in the barony of Boyle. Possibly Samuel Hamilton Walker (1820-1886). In 1892, the House Steward at Rockingham was William Walker. Mr A. Barclay Walker was joint Master harrier at Rockingham in 1903.
In 1901, Land Steward Thomas McElligot of Cork and family (Church of Ireland) occupied this 9-room, "1st class" house. To the rear of this building stood the 32 outbuildings including 3 coach-houses, 3 stables and two harness-rooms (still extant). By all accounts, Mr McElligot was a genial man. He was still resident there in 1906.
By 1911, the steward here was Patrick Flanagan and family (Catholic) who occupied a 4-room "2nd class" house.