The Hotel was built around the year 1850 and consists of two storeys over a basement with a dormer attic.
This highly decorative building faces onto the seafront, a common attribute of coastal Victorian houses.
Extensions were put in place in the 1990's.
The Strand Hotel was originally called Elsinore and was built by Sir William and Lady Jane Wilde, the parents of famed writer Oscar Wilde, who inherited the property in 1876 and sold it 2 years later.
The building has been maintained to an excellent standard and is still in use today as a popular hotel.
|Inventory of Architectural Heritage||Ireland||VIEW SOURCE|
|Hotel Website||Ireland||VIEW SOURCE|