The Tobercurry Poor Law Union was officially declared in 1850. The Workhouse was opened in 1853 at a cost of £6,370. It was built to house a maximum capacity of 600 inmates. The Tobercurry Workhouse was built to accomodate people from the areas of Achonry, Aclare, Annagh, Banada, Branchfield, Breencorragh, Carrownaskeagh, Cartron, Cloonacool, Cloonoghill, Coolaney, Glendarragh, Kilmacteigue, Kilturra, Leitrim, Loughil, Owenmore, Streamstown, Temple, and Tobercurry.
The Tobercurry Workhouse site is now occupied by a housing development with no original buildings surviving.
|For more information see here||Ireland||VIEW SOURCE|
|County Sligo Archives||Ireland||VIEW SOURCE|