Towerhill BALLYGLASS

TouaghtyCounty Mayo

Share This:

Clonyne and Clooneen aka Towerhill (parish of Touaghty, barony of Carra, county Mayo), was held by the Blakes of Menlo Castle, county Galway, from the time of Strafford's Survey in 1636. Most of the Blake estate was in this parish. Isidore Blake (son of Maurice Blake), was the first to live in the house at Towerhill in the late 18th century. By the time of Griffith's Valuation 1858, it was occupied by Valentine O'Conor Blake. In 1894, it was the seat of Colonel Maurice Blake (Slater). Tower Hill, occupied by the Blakes until the mid 20th century, is now a ruin. //SOURCE http://www.landedestates.ie/LandedEstates/jsp/property-show.jsp?id=404 

References

Buildings of Ireland Ireland VIEW SOURCE

Type of Building:

Landed Estate

Communities Associated with this Building

Timeline Events Associated with this Building