The Town Hall was originally built in Church St. as a National School in 1847. it was built on the site of an old thatched chapel. The Mercy Convent opened a school for girls and junior boys in 1858 and the Church St. building functioed as a boys' national as a Boys' National School until c. 1900.
The building then operated as a town hall.
Type of Building:
Some communities associated with this building