The Tulla Poor Law Union was officially declared in 1850. The Workhouse was opened in 1852 at a cost of £6,085. It was built to house a maximum capacity of 500 inmates. The Tulla Workhouse was built to accomodate people from the areas of Ballyblood, Ballynahinch, Caher, Clooney, Dangan, Glendree, Killanena, Killuran, Kilkishen, Kiltannon, Kyle, Loughea, Newgrove, Quin, Rathcloney, Rossroe, Toberbreeda, and Tulla.
The Tulla Workhouse was completely demolished and nothing remains now of the site.
|For more information see here||Ireland||VIEW SOURCE|