Teach na Tulaí Buí aka Tullyboy House was built in 1830.
In 1749, Tullyboy had yet to see any plantation development. The townland was home to 5 families, all Catholic: Peter Glynn, a blacksmith was the likely road-side resident opposite what would later become Clogher RC Chapel. The others, Bryan McDermottroe, Michael Carthy and Brian Healy were all cottagers, save for Bartley Freeman, a shepherd. In the south corner of Tullyboy townland stood "Cloughnastookeen" (a large stochán or leaning stone).
In July 1830, Terence Shanly, a mason, worked on the building of a house for Mr Robert Leland, at Tullyboy. [Roscommon & Leitrim Gazette - 17 March 1832].
In September 1830, Mr Robert Leland, applied to the voters register with a freehold value of £20 for a house and land at Tullyboy. Robert Leyland, Tullyboy was a tenant of Viscount Lorton and a Cess-payer who served on the Grand Jury.
By 1839, there were two sizeable houses in the townland: "Tullyboy" occupied by Robert Leland (valued at £10) and "Rockmount", occupied by Robert Barlow (valued at £10 14s). Both houses were named on the first Ordnance Survey maps. The occupants of both of these houses were Cess-payers eligible to sit on the Boyle Grand Jury.
In 1853, that Leland family were still resident at Tullyboy, but had been replaced by Peyton by the time of Griffith's Valuation. In 1856, Rockmount House [GV#2] also had acquired a new resident: John Ford. (In 1857 Leland was the landlord of 3 properties in Main St Boyle),
In 1857, Tullyboy House was the residence of Robert J. Peyton [GV#1]
In 1901 Tullyboy House (the property of Sarah Harte) was a two-room residence occupied by Pat & Mary Duffy and family. (Hugh Duffy of Tullyboy was one of the few farmers permitted to keep boars in 1905). Rockmount continued to be occupied by the Ford family.
Tullyboy House is still extant today and Tullyboy Farm a popular visitor attraction, expecially for children.
|Tullyboy Farm||Ireland||VIEW SOURCE|
|Tullyboy 1911: Duffy||Ireland||VIEW SOURCE|
|Tullyboy 1901: Duffy||Ireland||VIEW SOURCE|
|Griffith's Valuation: Tullyboy 1857||Ireland||VIEW SOURCE|
|Ordnance Survey: Tullyboy 1839||Ireland||VIEW SOURCE|