Zion Church is a Church of Ireland Church (Anglican) and was built using money donated by John Gold esq. of Cullenswood, Co. Dublin, described as “an eminent stockbroker in this city”. The church was opened in November 1861, and consecrated the following year. The builders were Messrs. Cockburn and Son of Gt. Brunswick St./Erne St. Lwr./Shaw St. & Kingstown, and Architects Joseph Welland & Son of Merrion St. The church was allocated a parochial area from the parent parish of Rathfarnham, and became a separate parish in the 1920s.
The early incumbents for the parish :
1861-1895 James Hewitt
1895-1900 Arthur Robinson Barton
1900-1919 William Joseph Clarke
1919-1950 Louis Parkinson Hill
The church of located on Zion road, at the junction with Bushy Park Road, in Rathgar townland, Rathfarnham civil parish, county Dublin, a parish hall on the same site is used by a variety of local groups, there is also a primary school adjacent to the church.