1920
Share This:
Edit

Though originally built as a private family residence, Kylemore Abbey later became home to a group of Benedictine Nuns

The Benedictine Sisters arrived at Kylemore Abbey in 1920. 

They came to the Abbey after the previous owners, the 9th Duke and Duchess of Manchester, were forced to sell the estate to cover their debts. 

The sisters established a girls school at Kylemore which operated until 2010.

Community new status

Communities Associated with this Timeline

Buildings Associated with these Communities