BALLYMORE, a parish, in the barony of FORTH, county of WEXFORD, and province of LEINSTER, 2.25 miles (w.) from Broadway; containing 522 inhabitants.
This parish is situated near Lough Ta, and comprises 2520 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act. It is a rectory, in the diocese of Ferns, and forms part of the union of Kilscoran, also called Tacumshane, which constitutes the corps of the chancellorship in the cathedral of Ferns : the tithes amount to £203. 17s. 11.50d., payable to the chancellor.
In 1832 the parishes of Ballymore and Tacumshane were formed into an ecclesiastical district under the name of Churchtown, and a perpetual curacy was instituted.
The new church is situated in the parish of Tacumshane, but close to the border of this parish, and was built by aid of a grant from the Ecclesiastical Commissioners.
In the R. C, divisions it is in the union or district of Maglass ; a chapel has been lately erected.
There is a school at Moonfield Cross.