The new church in Drinagh was completed in1932 on the site of the old RIC barracks building which had been burned down in 1920. Fr John Crowley (3rd from the left in the photo) was the priest in Drinagh at the time and the driving force behind the building of the church and the setting up of the local Co-operative. The building work was carried out by the Cahalan brothers. Also in the photo in the centre is local engineer William Kingston and Bishop Daniel Cohalan. Photo courtesy of Sean McCarthy Drinagh People Facebook Group.