Chapelmidway Finglas in the 1830s

1837
Share This:
Edit

A snapshot of pre-famine local history, as described in the "Topographical Dictionary of Ireland" by Samuel Lewis, 1837. (The information collected here was submitted by members of the local gentry and clergy of the time).

CHAPELMIDWAY, a parish, in the barony of CASTLEKNOCK, county of DUBLIN, and province of LEINSTER, 7 miles (N.) from Dublin city; containing 335 inhabitants.

The principal seats are

  • Corrstown, the residence of H. Cosgrave, Esq., and
  • Kilcorkin, of J. Litton, Esq.

It is a rectory and vicarage in the diocese of Dublin, forming part of the union of Kilsallaghan, with which the tithes are included.

In the Roman Catholic divisions, it is part of the union or district of Finglas. The ruins of a church are situated on the old road from Dublin to the Naul.

Communities Associated with this Timeline

Buildings Associated with these Communities