Cornaseer Village in the 1830s

1837
Share This:
Edit

A snapshot of pre-famine local history, as described in the "Topographical Dictionary of Ireland" by Samuel Lewis, 1837. (The information collected here was submitted by members of the local gentry and clergy of the time).

Cornaseer then CURNASEER, a village, in the parish of KILTOOM, barony of ATHLONE, county of ROSCOMMON, and province of CONNAUGHT, 3 miles (N.W.) from Athlone, on the road to Roscommon; the population is returned with the parish.

It has a station of the constabulary police.

A large Roman Catholic chapel is in course of erection near it, also a school-house, which is in connection with the National Board.

Communities Associated with this Timeline

Buildings Associated with these Communities