The Down Survey was begun

1655
Share This:
Edit

The Down Survey was started in 1655 and continued the following year. It was undertaken by William Petty and his surveyors in order to elaborate on the information provided by the Civil Survey. It used maps to give accurate details on land acreage, and also contained details on land quality, use and ownership. Like the Civil Survey it lists the landowners in Stradbally, but additionally uses maps to show the extent of their territory.

Communities Associated with this Timeline