January 1920
Share This:

A view of what Drinagh Village looked like in early 1920.

This photo is taken sometime before Easter 1920 as the RIC barracks in the centre background was burned down in April that year. The photo is taken from the east of the village looking west. On the left is the old church building which was replaced in 1932 by the new church built on the site of the old RIC barracks. The first building on the right is a pub known today as The Gaelic Bar, next to that is the building which had the postoffice and some shops. 

Community new status

Communities Associated with this Timeline