1837
Share This:

In 1837, every parish, town, and county was described by Samuel Lewis in his "Topographical Dictionary of Ireland" (now transcribed by Library Ireland, see link below).

KILVINE... near Dunmore, on the road to Ballinrobe...

Local Gentry (landlords, their agents, and magistrates) resided at:

  • Cartown, the residence of J. Sheridan, Esq. ;
  • Killan, of F. French, Esq.;
  • Rockfort, of T. Sheridan, Esq. ; and
  • Oldtown Cottage, of W. Bourke, Esq.

The RC (Roman Catholic) parish was "part of the union or district of Ballindangan".

SEE libraryireland.com/topog/K/Kilvine-Clanmorris-Mayo.php

Community new status

Communities Associated with this Timeline

Ancestors Associated with these Communities