What remains are the North and East walls and Bell Tower (still in use ) . .
Legand has it that the first foundation here was by . . (St.) Crónán of Lusmagh (Offaly) and Roscrea . . he died 640 .
The Friary was founded by Mulrooney O'Carroll, King of Éile - b.1390 . . and his wife Bibíana (nee Dempsey)
Friary was dissolved c.1577 - 79 . . . and later destroyed by marauding invaders. . .