St. Paul's, which, previously to the year 1697, formed part of St. Michan's parish, contains 10,570 inhabitants, and 786 houses valued at £5 and upwards, the total annual value being £21,632.
The living is a rectory, in the patronage of the Dean and Chapter of Christ-Church ; the minister's money is £255. 4. 1., and the gross income £386. 9. 4.
The church, situated in North King-street, was rebuilt in 1824, and is now a neat edifice in the Gothic style, with a small but elegant spire.
The cemetery is the usual place of interment for the garrison of Dublin : it contains a monument to the memory of Lieut.-Col. Lyde Brown, of the 21st Fusileers ; a mural tablet to that of three privates of the same regiment, who were killed in the insurrection of 1803 ; and a mausoleum for the family of Col. Ormsby.
The chapel of the King's or Blue-coat Hospital is in this parish.
There are parochial schools for boys and girls, an infants' school, and a Sunday school. The late Lord Netterville bequeathed #9000 to this and the adjoining parish of St. Michan for a dispensary and hospital, which is also supported by subscription.