I'm hoping for your help in locating any records at all on Bridget Headon (Haydon), her husband Michael Archbold and son Daniel Archbold. I believe they may be related to Charles Archbold, my ggg grandfather, somehow, but have not been successful in finding much information on them. I cannot find a marriage record for Bridget and Michael. It would likely be sometime before 1816 in Castledermot, Kildare. Their son Daniel was baptized in Castledermot, Kildare in 1816, and son Patrick was baptised in 1819 same place. Daniel married married Margaret Webb in 1844 in Carlow.
I believe they may be related to my ancestor Charles for several reasons:
- Charles was living in Bennekerry, Carlow in the 1850's, as was Daniel Archbold - the only 2 Archbolds living in Carlow at the time.
- There was a Peter Headen who was godfather to Charles' son James at James' baptism. Peter Headen and Bridget Headen are siblings. Bridget married a Michael Archbold. Bridget and Michael's son is Dan Archbold.
- I have found baptism records for Bridget and Michael's sons Dan and Patrick but cannot find a marriage record for Bridget and Michael Archbold. There are no Archbolds listed as sponsors in the baptism records but perhaps the marriage record?
- There appear to be several variations of the name Headen. It is listed as Headen in James Archbold's baptism record, but I also have seen Haydon and Headon.
- The only baptism record for Bridget Headen I found in Kilkea, Castledermot, Kildare was in 1804, which would make her 12 years old at the birth of Daniel - possible but unlikely.
- I can't find Michael Archbold's baptism (unlikely) or death records in County Kildare or County Carlow.
- I can't find Bridget Headen Archbold's baptism (unlikely) or death records in County Kildare or County Carlow.
- The 1901 and 1911 Census are too late for the information I'm looking for.
What I know:
- There is a Michael Archbold living in Fenaugh, Ballybrackan, Kildare in 1824 (Tithe Applotment Books) - but I have no idea if this is the right guy. On the other hand, the name Michael Archbold does not seem to be a common one.
- From Griffiths, there is a Michael Archbold living in Cush, Ballybracken, Kildare in 1852 - again, unsure if this is my relative. Other Archbolds living in Cush at that time include: James, Thomas, and Pierce (Peter).
- Bridget Headon's parents were Patrick Headen and Mary Dooling (or Dooly or Dowling). Siblings were Patrick (1794), Edward (1795), Peter (1800), and Mary (1802) - all baptized Kilkea, Castledermot, Kildare.
- Religion = Catholic
- I have records of Charles Archbold's marriage and all kinds of information on his wife Jane and their 3 children: Mary, Joshua, and Ellen. I do not have records of Charles Archbold's baptism which would have been around 1818 or 1819 in Kildare.
- Michael Archbold was in a workhouse in 1882 Athy Poor Law Union, based on the death record of his son, Patrick in 1872, Castledermot, Kildare, Ireland. Michael was the informant on Patrick's death.
The purpose of this post is specifically to locate (ideally) the marriage record of Bridget Headen and Michael Archbold and/or any other records for Daniel Archbold that might help establish the relationship to Charles - to the extent possible.
All theories are also welcome!
Thank you for your help!
Terri DMonday 4th Jul 2022, 12:01PM
Message Board Replies