There is a parish hall that was built by the people of the parish in the 1950s. It was built in memory of John, Canon Hayes,P.P., Founder of Muintir na T�re, who was a native of Murroe in East Limerick who spent his final years as Parish Priest of Bansha & Kilmoyler which is in West Tippeary and is a parish of the Diocese of Cashel and Emly. Canon Hayes was a champion of rural development, whose dictum was that the small communities of rural Ireland must help themselves in unison, regardless of class, creed or calling in life. He died on St. Bridget's Day, 1st February, 1957 during the building of the hall and fittingly, on its 50th anniversary a history of the hall was published.
Effin, Co. Limerick