Cavan County Museum
Cavan County Museum aims to collect, conserve and ultimately display the material heritage and culture of County Cavan and its environs, for the benefit of the public.
Exhibition galleries feature
- unique artefacts dating from the stone age up until the twentieth century,
- material spanning over 6000 years of occupation in Cavan.
- the Killycluggin stone
- the three-faced Corleck Head
- a medieval Dug-Out boat;
- a selection of medieval Sheela-na-Gigs;
- a Folk Life gallery depicting life in the late 19th and early 20th centuries.
Newly-opened galleries deal with topics as diverse as the Great Famine, Percy French and the Lords Farnham.
Facilities include a coffee and craft shop. For younger visitors, there is a playground, gardens and interactives. Storytelling and clay-modelling are also available to children's groups on request.
|Address||Virginia Road, Ballyjamesduff, County Cavan, A82 YP70|
|Phone||+353 49 8544070|
|Parish(es)||Castlerahan (Cavan) Denn (Cavan)|
|Category (ies)||Heritage/Culture Tourist Attraction|