In 1814 Cloon House is recorded as the seat of B. Eyre. Lewis records the house as that of Burke Eyre in 1837. At the time of Griffith's Valuation Cloon House was occupied by Henry Lahiff when it was valued at £15. It is still extant and occupied by his descendents.
A short description of the Lahiff family
The Lahiff family held property in various parishes in the barony of Kiltartan. They occupied a house at Cloon which was valued at ﾣ15 in Griffith's Valuation. This house was previously in the hands of the Burke Eyre family. The Lahiff family purchased large portions of Lord Gort's Lough Cutra estate in the 1850s where they had previously been freeholders. Jones Lahiff is recorded as the lessor of several townlands in the parish of Killeenadeema, barony of Loughrea, in 1855. The Lahiff family also occupied the house at Russaun and acted as middlemen for the estate of Michael Butler, a minor, whose estate was in chancery in the 1830s. At the same time, Thomas Lahiff is recorded as a middleman for Richard Gregory on lands in the parish of Ardrahan. Henry Lahiff was one of the principal lessors in the parish of Aughrim, barony of Kilconnell, at the time of Griffith's Valuation. In the 1870s Daniel Lahiff was the owner of over 10,000 acres in county Galway and 128 acres in county Clare. In 1911 over 4000 acres belonging to James Lahiff was vested in the Congested Districts Board.