Kilmore Parish NAVIGATION
- READ MORE The Parish of Kilmore in 1837
Kilmore parish has an area of 124.0 km² / 30,643.3 acres. For a list of all 83 townlands on the Mullet Penninsula click HERE.
There are several villages on the Mullet peninsula including
- Eachléim aka Aughleam aka Aghleam
- Corclough and
GRAVEYARDS & CEMETERIES
There are a number of small burial places on the Mullet:
- Old Cross Cemetery
- Cross New Cemetery
- Carne aka Carn Cemetery
- Fallmore Graveyard
- Belderra Cross Graveyard
- Binghamstown Cemetery
- Emlybeg Cemetery
- Termoncarragh Cemetery
For a list of headstones for these cemeteries see Headstones in NW County Mayo.
BIG HOUSES, LANDLORDS & GENTRY
The Mullet aka Kilmore civil parish features the following houses of the gentry:
- Bingham castle, the residence of Major Dennis Bingham;
- Binghamstown House, the residence of the RC Parish Priest Rev. J. P. Lyons;
- Bingham Lodge on the estate of Henry Bingham
- Bay View, the property of William Bingham, Esq.
- Surgeview on the estate of Arthur Gamble
- Leam House occupied by Mrs Nash in 1814
- Barranagh House on the estate of John Richards
- Curraghboy on the estate of Arthur Bingham
- Carn House on the estate of Thomas Reilly
- Tallagh Cottage on the estate of Andrew Caldwell, occupied by Andrew Woods
For a list of Landlord Estate Records available see Landed Estates Ireland
One of the Napoleonic Signal Towers (built in 1801-1806 by the English for defence) here is Glosh tower on Termon Hill.
|Address||The Mullet, Belmullet, Co Mayo, Ireland|