Built in 1846 by the millwright Nicolas Moran who obtained his training as an apprentice millwright in Rotterdam, Tachumshane Windmill is the only surviving complete windmill in the Republic of Ireland. The year 1846 is carved on the lintel inside the eastern doorway. A rare feature is its revolving straw thatched cap to catch the wind for its sails.
|Address||Key available from the Millhouse Bar and Restaurant|
|Category (ies)||Heritage/Culture Tourist Attraction|