Categories:



Share This:

Washerwomans Bridge

In the 1860's the Old Wooden Station located where the Outdoor Swimming Pool is was being replaced by a New Red Brick Station House located beside where Flanagans Pub & Restaurant now stands. In extending the Railway line the Access to the River where local ladies washed their clothes was cut off and the ladies lay across the Cutting in protest and refused to move . The Company were on a deadline to complete the work and as a compromise the built a bridge over the Railway line for the ladies. The Bridge is known as the Washerwomans Bridge and now provides access to the Riverside Park from the Village end.

Photo: © NLI

Address Templeachally
Parish(es) Templeachally (Tipperary)
Category (ies) Heritage/Culture Tourist Attraction