Welcome to RATHBORNEY
Its territory includes the valley of the Rathborney river (also known as Feenagh Valley) with Cappanavulla hill, on the northern boundary, as its highest point.
In 1837, the principal residence here was parish
In 1841, just before the Great Famine, the parish had a population of 1,000 in 177 houses.
The parish townlands are:
Ballyallaban, Berneens, Burrenwee, Cahermacnaghten, Cahermacun, Cloonmartin, Cullaun, Cregavockoge, Croagh North, Croagh South, Donnyvardan, Drumbrickaun, Faunarooska, Feenagh, Garracloon, Gleninsheen, Gragan East, Gragan West, Lisgoogan, Lislarheenmore, Lismacsheedy, Lismacteige, Lissylisheen, Poulacapple and Poulnabrucky.
The Primary Valuation of land and houses took place here in 1843. At that time there were only 3 houses in the parish that had a value greater than £4:
John O'Brien of Ballyallaban House
Denis Freeman of Feenagh House
Gregans – the principal residence of Francis Martin Esq. in 1837, was not valued.
|Address||Rathborney, Ballyvaghan, Co. Clare|