Wicklow County Library
Wicklow Libraries' local history collection is based in Ballywaltrim Library in Bray. Located in the Tom Barrington Room, Wicklow County Library’s collection of local studies materials cover many aspects of both modern and historic Co. Wicklow.
- We hold a number of local historical society journals as well as more general publications such as Irish Roots, Archaeology Ireland, History Ireland and The Irish Sword.
- Our newspaper collection dates back to 1858, starting with the Wicklow Newsletter and continuing to the present with the Wicklow Standard, Wicklow Star and The Bray & Wicklow People newspapers.
- Also available are Workhouse Registers for Rathdrum and Shillelagh.
- We have a list of the holdings of the local history of Co. Wicklow. This site is a work in progress. To search the site, press Ctrl + F and enter your term.
- Other resources include a postcard and print collection and reference works such as Cantwell’s Memorials of the Dead, Price’s Place-names of County Wicklow and Griffith’s Valuation.
|Address||Boghall Rd, Ballymorris, Bray, Co. Wicklow, Ireland|
|Phone||+353 1 286 6566|
|Parish(es)||Wicklow Bray (Wicklow) Arklow (Wicklow) Baltinglass (Wicklow) Blessington (Wicklow) Carnew (Wicklow) Dunlavin (Wicklow) Rathdrum (Wicklow) Kilcommon Ballinacor (Wicklow) Delgany (Wicklow)|
|Category (ies)||Heritage/Culture Local Organisation|