Naul (County Dublin)
Welcome To Naul.
You are very welcome to the Ireland Reaching Out parish of Naul.
Our aim is to connect all people with a link to Naul. You may live here, have visited here or maybe are tracing ancestors who left long ago. In any case, we’re sure to have lots to share and are delighted to welcome you.
Naul (Irish: An Aill, meaning "the cliff"), is a village in the administrative area of Fingal, County Dublin, Ireland. The name also encompasses the townlands which surround the village: southward as far as Hollywood Rath, and northward to the River Delvin beside the village, which marks the boundary between County Dublin and County Meath.
The name is anglicised from the Irish An Aill meaning "The Cliff" as there is a substantial cliff on either side of the River Delvin just outside the village. Locally, the village is still known as The Naul as a throwback to the original Irish name, although this is not recognised officially.
The Saamus Ennis Cultural Centre was officially opened on 23 October 2001. It promotes and develops the traditional arts, and it organises and hosts regular recitals, music sessions, workshops and classes.
The idea for a cultural centre based on the achievements of Saamus Ennis had its origins in the Scoil Shaamuis Ennis, a festival held every October in the Naul area. It is a non-profit organisation set up to:
- commemorate the work and life of the late Saamus Ennis;
- provide a range of support measures for the preservation and development of local and national culture, particularly music;
- organise and facilitate the running of events, including educational classes, workshops, festival or any other activity, which promotes the Irish language, the traditional culture of Ireland, or of any other country;
- to provide an outreach service to schools and other institutions;
- to create specific training, education, employment and work experience opportunities for those involved or interested in cultural activities for community development.
Saamus Ennis Cultural Centre, Naul.
Contact;If you wish to contact us, Please post your message on our website.We will do our best to source information on your ancestors.Ba mhaith loim ta go maith ar do thuras na fionnachtana , I wish you well on your journey of discovery.
9 Group Members
1 Timeline Events