Around 1847, it was lived in by Rev John Maguire, Vicar of Boyle, and his wife Anne-Jane, daughter of John Humphreys, Esq., of Miltown House, County Tyrone.
Formerly, Glebe House, a double fronted Georgian stone house built in 1806 by Lord Lorton for the Church of Ireland Vicar of Boyle, Rev. Thomas Hackett and his wife, who ran the school opposite. Subsequently, a doctor's surgery and residence, belonging to Dr. Dermot Kilgallon. Currently known as Abbey Crest and divided into 8 apartments over 2 floors to the front and 4 to the rear.