KilmoreCounty Cavan

Share This:
Cathedral of Saint Patrick and Saint Felim
Cathedral of Saint Patrick and Saint Felim

This Neo-Classical Cathedral was built in 1965. 

It stands in an imposing position upon a hill in the centre of Cavan town. 

The Cathedral was designed by Raph Byrne and built by John Sisk. The site had previously been occupied by a church which was built in 1823. 

The Cathedral status of the pre-existing chuch was achieved in 1830 and then passed on to the new building. 

The Cathedral is notable for its sheer size, and for the presence of stained glass windows by Harry Clarke. 

 

Type of Building:

Church

Communities Associated with this Building