The theatre was built in 1806 on a rectangular plan.
This building was originally a Catholic Chapel, also called St Michael's.
The chapel was closed in 1902 with reconstructions taking place from 1957 to 1960. At this time the interior was also reconstructed.
St Michael's Theatre has been maintained to a good standard and is still in use today, though no longer for religious purposes.
|Inventory of Architectural Heritage||Ireland||VIEW SOURCE|